Thursday, May 5, 2011

What's up with the fuss?

Election Day is nearing and I’m disappointed that I’m not entitled to vote. While many count me lucky, I find it risky.

Although I’m not related to the PAP, I must say, my vote is for you and will always be for you – unless something screws the system up.

Think about it- in order to move fast, think fast and execute fast in this cycle of globalisation, we need a cooperative government to bring out the best for the people. If we allowed opposition to infiltrate the parliament, will the country loses its focus? Well, you may argue that I am being narrow-minded or pap has made successful propaganda on me, however, I have eyes and heart to judge their contributions. They can’t fabricate fairytale out of nowhere~

Another point I want to emphasis – Have you not enjoy any benefit from the country? Well...At the least, Singapore is a safe country and that should not be taken for granted.

AND When we look at the housing issue, it is a complex management. It is definitely not just a Singapore problem, it is a global problem.

Take a country that is similar to us – Hong Kong

How would you feel if you are a newlywed in Hong Kong, do you think that there are better off schemes comparable to us?

Salary issue

Yes, that’s the price for being monitored like a celebrity. Have you seen a MP clubs? Could he? He might even need bodyguards when he wants to take a loo. Any misconduct from the government will result in dire consequences. However, since the people have voiced out their concerns about the salary issue, it would be imprudent to leave it unanswered.

Well, recently I have heard irresponsible remarks from young people which made me very agitated and sad because they want to experiment their votes and jeopardize the result.

>> Because I know they are going to win the election,

that’s why I’m voting the opposition party to pull down the percentage….

Fair enough if you chose to believe in the opposition parties, if not please be a responsible citizen. The development of the country is at stake, for goodness sake! Am I exaggerating? No, I’m dead serious about it.

Something that I wanna share –

Ytd, I took a cab back home and this very grandfatherly taxi uncle talked about how he landed in this taxi job. mmm...He was supposed to be a retired man, but the government suggested that he should re-employed. Hence they offered to pay the taxi examination fees for him upon his graduation. So he guessed that the government is indeed taking care of the ppl's welfare. Furthermore, the fees are fully waived, so why not learn another skill?

On the other hand, people might argue that people from other countries can live off pension and so why we can’t follow the model? By now, hope you understand why we don’t follow that.

All and All… the vote is absolutely yours. Make your best choice :D

I love my country Singapore :D

No comments:

Post a Comment